Embedded GNSS/INS (EGI) Integration & Diagnostic Test Systems
CAST Navigation proudly offers a world-class portfolio of innovative embedded GPS/INS (EGI) simulators, which allow you to test your EGI system across all types of real-world and theoretical scenarios—without leaving the lab.
Tests will be optimized for your specific requirements and timeframes to ensure product quality and GPS perfection for today’s commercial and military requirements.
The integration of the Inertial Navigation System (INS) into the Global Positioning System (GPS) has been truly groundbreaking. The ability of the INS to measure an aircraft’s precise relative movement in 3D space is an important addition to aerial navigation. The INS and GPS have their own drawbacks, but when combined, both systems enhance each other’s capabilities and make up for each other’s inaccuracies. The amalgamation of both systems makes for powerfully accurate and reliable multi-channel navigation in 3D space.
CAST Navigation EGI Simulation Systems
- CAST-3000 EGI Integration System
- CAST EMT3500-1 EGI Flight Line Test Tool
- CAST EMT3500-3 EGI Diagnostic Test Tool
Advantages to EGI Stimulation
- Cost – EGI simulation is a more practical approach compared to Live Sky testing. It also helps reduce cost in the production environment and address economic and environmental concerns associated with Live Sky test runs.
- Time – EGI platforms are configurable to reduce test times and decrease downtime repeatability of signal generation.
- Accuracy – we employ precision engineering in the platform’s design and model to ensure that the system gives you reliable service for many years.
- Flexibility – the system can be upgraded in the field to single-channel and multi-channel platforms, giving user groups the capability to simulate two, three, or four multi-GNSS sources from a sole unit or platform at runtime.
- Control – our platforms provide complete control over various satellite signals and environmental conditions, enabling you to test your EGI receiver according to possible real-world parameters.
- Repeatability – EGI simulators come with an RF recorder or replay system, which means that you can create a repeatable test environment for continuity purposes or as additional simulation resources.
- Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) – to reduce the need for flight trials, our team can integrate an HIL system into the test platform to create simulated targets in the laboratory to evaluate the operational performance of the radar system.
During the R&D, design, and manufacturing of EGI receivers, it is vital to undergo extensive testing to ensure correct operation. Replicating the complex set of GNSS signals and Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) in a controlled environment is the most cost-effective approach to developing capable position location products. From conception to in-the-field testing after repair, our team will optimize a platform to provide you with a streamlined sat-nav system.
For more information on our EGI simulator systems, get in touch with us today.